Sometimes you just need cake. If you don’t fancy baking or searching the shops, then this 1 minute vegan mug cake is perfect. We’ve tried several different recipes over the years, and this one is the result of some trial and error.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Vegan mini marshmallows (optional)
- Ice cream (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly in a mug using a fork.
2. Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Add a splash of hot water if needed.
4. Microwave for one minute on full power. If using marshmallows, throw these on top for the last 15 seconds.
5. Top with ice cream and enjoy.
The finished cake should have a soft, warm consistency. If you’d prefer it slightly gooier, like brownie, just cook for a little less time. The slightly melted marshmallows are a fun topping, and the ice cream stops the cake tasting too dry.
We used Sweet Freedom vegetarian mini marshmallow, available in Holland and Barrett, and Swedish Glace Chocolate Ice Cream, but any brands should work fine. For an extra treat, try adding a dollop of peanut butter or biscuit spread to melt into the middle of the cake.
Let us know your favourite quick and easy dessert recipes in the comments!
For more UK vegan news, follow us on:
Don’t forget to join our mailing list for a monthly round up of all the new vegan products available in the UK.