These vegan banana flapjacks are the perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of tea, or even as part of your breakfast! This simple recipe uses fruit instead of golden syrup to bind the flapjacks, making them a bit healthier than their traditional counterpart. Read on for this super easy recipe.
Makes 9 small flapjacks (or 6 large ones)
1 tbsp vegan spread (or coconut oil)
1 large ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon
Brown sugar for the top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Grease and line a small baking tray.
- Soak the dates in water for around 30 minutes.
- After soaking the dates, drain the water and blend them with the banana until smooth.
- Melt the vegan spread and add to the blended ingredients, along with the oats. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the baking tray. Top with a light sprinkling of brown sugar for some extra sweetness.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Once cooled, cut into rectangles and enjoy!
For more UK vegan news and reviews, follow us on:
And don’t forget to join our mailing list below for a monthly round-up of all the new vegan products available in the UK.Tags: banana, flapjack, Recipe, vegan