Being vegan doesn’t mean you have to learn to cook! Plenty of meal kits are suitable for vegans with just a few alterations made to the recipe on the packet – check out the recipe below for a super easy, lazy way to make delicious vegan tacos.
Serves: 4 | Time: 15 minutes
- Taco kit (try Tesco’s own brand, which includes taco shells, seasoning, and salsa)
- Cauldron marinated tofu pieces
- 2 peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 container of mushrooms
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chop onion, peppers and mushrooms into small pieces.
- Fry vegetables and tofu in a large pan until soft, along with the seasoning sachet from your taco kit. Add a splash of water to dissolve the seasoning if needed.
- Put taco shells in the oven for 2 minutes to heat.
- Fill taco shells with vegetable and tofu mixture.
- Top with salsa, lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes.
If you don’t fancy tofu, you could substitute with a can of mixed beans, some vegan mince, or Quorn pieces. Check our Meat Alternatives section for inspiration.
For more quick and easy vegan meal ideas, browse our Mexican Cooking section.