Being vegan doesn’t mean you have to learn to cook! Plenty of meal kits are suitable for vegans with just a few alterations made to the recipe on the packet – check out the recipe below for a super easy, lazy way to make delicious vegan tacos.
Serves: 4 | Time: 15 minutes
- Taco kit (try Tesco’s own brand, which includes taco shells, seasoning, and salsa)
- Cauldron marinated tofu pieces
- 2 peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 container of mushrooms
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chop onion, peppers and mushrooms into small pieces.
- Fry vegetables and tofu in a large pan until soft, along with the seasoning sachet from your taco kit. Add a splash of water to dissolve the seasoning if needed.
- Put taco shells in the oven for 2 minutes to heat.
- Fill taco shells with vegetable and tofu mixture.
- Top with salsa, lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes.
If you don’t fancy tofu, you could substitute with a can of mixed beans, some vegan mince, or Quorn pieces. Check our Meat Alternatives section for inspiration.
For more quick and easy vegan meal ideas, browse our Mexican Cooking section.
Tags: tacos, vegan, veganrecipe, veganuk